Apple to simplify machine learning development by Turi Create
Apple has released its framework for developing machine learning model named Turi Create. Apple said that it wants to simplify the entire development process of machine learning models. Apple describes Turi Create as “framework designed for people who aren’t necessarily experts when it comes to machine learning”.
According to Apple statement,” You don’t have to be a machine learning expert to add recommendations, object detection, image classification, image similarity or activity classification to your app. Turi Create simplifies the development of custom machine learning models”.
Turi Create will be simple to use with a visual interface. Apple has also promised that the framework will be faster compared to the other available in the market and will also be flexible so that any developer could modify it according to its own way.
The framework could be used in iOS, WatchOS, MacOS, tvOS. Some of the key features of Turi Create are-
1. Ready to deploy: Developers could export models to Core ML for use in iOS and other Apple platforms.
2. Simple: The best thing about this framework is that it will be very easy to use and modify.
3. Flexible: Developers can use this framework according to their need as it supports text, images, audio and other data formats.
4. Visual: The framework has inbuilt streaming visualizations to explore your data.
5. Fast: Users can easily work on a large dataset and can handle a heavy workload.
Apple purchased Turi back in 2016 to put more effort in machine learning field. According to few reports, Apple paid more than $200 million for the company. Recently, Apple has transformed as its machine leaning division and is working on integrating machine learning technology in its future products.
Turi Create is built with support for various commonly used features like recommendation system, image similarity, object detection, image classification and many more.
With Google putting all its effort into establishing itself as leading company in machine learning sector, Apple wants to catch them before Google moves ahead too much. Two of the tech giant will not leave any stone unturned to get better of other. Let’s see how Google respond to this framework by Apple.
GitHub link: Turi Create